Denning Montessori School
Procedure on Complaints
It is clearly of paramount importance that the Denning Montessori should run smoothly, and that parents and staff work together in a spirit of cooperation in the children’s best interests. In the event of complaints from either parents or staff every effort will be made to respond quickly and appropriately, and the following procedure will be followed.
- If a parent feels that he/she has cause for complaint they should either speak to a member of staff or the proprietor of the school.
- Where a complaint is made to the staff, the proprietor should be informed immediately.
- The staff member or proprietor will respond to any complaint as soon as practically possible. They will talk with staff and parents to overcome the problem.
- Complaints will be recorded and dated in the Complaints Book.
- After a complaint has been resolved the final outcome will be written in the Complaints Book. Any recommendations for changes in procedure will be made and noted against the complaints policy.
- It is clearly understood that parents have the right to phone Ofsted after talking to the nursery staff if they feel that they have not received a satisfactory response to their complaint.
- Complaints by a member of staff will be dealt with by the proprietor immediately.
- Any documentation relevant to a complaint will be kept for 10 years from the date on which record was made. (*)
- The school will inform OFSTED of any complaint made within 14 days.
Parents may contact Ofsted, if they feel a complaint cannot be resolved in the first instance, here at Denning Montessori School
Tel 0300 1231231